There are a variety of ways that you can help yourself to make or maintain changes to your drug and/or alcohol use.
You may just want help and advice to cut down your drinking or drug use or you may just want to make sure you use or drink safely.
Whatever you level of need, here are some self-help options from reducing harm to maintaining abstinence.
- Breaking free Online is an online treatment and recovery programme for anybody with an addiction to drugs or alcohol, free to anyone in GWENT. Breaking free can be accessed 24/7 and on any device, to set up an account follow the link and use the access code gwent11
- Reduce the harm from drugs or alcohol with our helpful tips
- Motivational worksheets for mental health that cover a range of mental health issues including crisis planning, prisoner anxiety, online mental health and much more.
- Drug Factsheets that cover a range of drugs including Nitrous Oxide, Benzo’s and much more. The factsheets provide harm reduction advice based on the specific drug.
- Mental health and wellbeing through Melo, an online resource which contains free information, advice and self-help resources to help you look after your mental health and wellbeing.
Moving on in my recovery is a free app to support your recovery journey from addiction. The Moving On app draws on the lived experience of people in recovery from addiction and it is also underpinned by psychological theory in the form of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.